Young babies will drift easily off to sleep in this Gro-swaddle dotted with colourful balloons. The Gro-swaddle helps young babies feel warm and secure, just like when they were in mummy's tummy. They are perfectly shaped to go round your baby with no need for poppers, Velcro® or ties and the potential for over-tight swaddling that they can cause. With the Gro-swaddle your newborn baby feels cuddled and safe, a feeling that promotes a good night’s sleep for baby and mum alike!
- Lightweight 100% cotton jersey shaped wrap
- 0-3 months (max weight 14lbs/6.5kg)
- Suitable for over or under arm swaddling
- Recreates the comforting and soothing feeling of being in the womb
- No poppers, Velcro or ties to ensure you can't swaddle them too tightly.
For greater detail on these features, and a guide on how to Swaddle please click on the More Info tab above
Quick guide to swaddling
The Gro-swaddle is a cleverly shaped jersey wrap that goes around your baby with no need for poppers, Velcro or ties. Just enough fabric to keep your baby snug, but not so much that they get too hot. Here is our quick guide on how to use the Gro-swaddle:
- Place baby onto open swaddling wrap, fold in the top of the wrap so that the fabric is in line with the nape of the neck, legs should be unrestrained in a natural “froggy” leg position.
- Fold the bottom flap up over baby’s legs
- Holding the upper right hand side of the swaddle; wrap the fabric snugly over baby’s arms, and tuck the fabric under baby’s body, leaving fabric loose around the legs.
- Holding the upper left hand side of the swaddle; wrap the fabric snugly around baby’s arms and underneath torso, leaving fabric loose around the legs.
- Ensure that both legs can freely flex.
The baby’s weight combined with the stretchy fabric help to keep the swaddle wrap securely in place.
How to wash
All Gro-swaddles can be machine washed at 40°C. They can be hung out to dry or tumble dried on a low setting. As with all cotton goods, we have designed our Gro-swaddle to allow for up to 5% shrinkage. If your child has any allergies and you wish to wash your Gro-swaddle at 60°C, you should allow for a little more shrinkage. You can iron your Gro-swaddle on a low heat if desired. We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Gro-swaddle with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.