Peace of mind at a glance - The innovative Gro-egg™ changes colour to let you know at a glance whether the temperature of a room is too low, too high or just right, helping you maintain a safe sleeping environment for your baby. As an added bonus it even works well as a gentle night light.
A yellow glow suggests a comfortable temperature for children to sleep in, whilst a blue glow suggests it's too cold and a red glow suggests it's too high. The colours act as a reminder for you to cool or heat the room, to modify the baby's clothing, to use a different tog Grobag Baby Sleep Bag or for non-sleep bag users to alter the level of bedding.
- Easy to understand colour coded system indicates room temperature
- Digital thermometer with permanent 'back-lit' LCD readout
- Gentle night light
- Instructions and safe sleep guide enclosed
- UK Mains only
- Power adaptor supplied
- Product Dimensions - 7.1cm x 7.1cm x 10.2 cm
Don't forget we have a fantastic range of Egg Shells which act as great Companions for your Gro Egg!
- I think this is one of the most useful baby products I've bought. As a first time mum I was so panicky about the room temperature and baby being too hot or cold, but this gave me peace of mind!
Fantastic Little Egg!
- I really love this amazing little egg! It is perfect for letting us know if our bedroom is at the right temperature for our 3 week old baby girl! My husband is always hot and I really feel the cold so this is perfect in letting us know if the room is just right! x
Fab for new mums
- This is a must have for new mums! I loved knowing the temperature of baby's room, knowing when to add more layers or the opposite. Provides fab peace of mind.
Brilliant design and SO helpful.
- So helpful, the temperature in our little boys room changes alot throughout the night and it's great that we can poke our head in and just tell by the light if he's got the right gro bag on and we don't have to disturb unnecessarily. Also it's light enough for those early days of night feeds and nappy changes. One improvement could be a way to adjust how bright the light is as the blue is often too bright, other than that perfect.
A must have
- Wonderful product, a must have.
A must have
- Brilliant design, excellent product.
- I bought the 2015 version of the Gro thermometer and I've for to say, so far, it's been extremely handy. Particular useful for the extreme seasons (winter and summer), I check the colour every morning and night to see if I need to open/close the window, turn on/heating or add/remove a layer. The only improvement is the orange and yellow can be similar so I'd perhaps request a more marked difference!
Great product, instant reassurance
- Love this product. We bought it a few months before our baby was due. It allowed us to assess what tog grobags to buy and plan ahead. Our baby is now 9 weeks old and sleeps in a grosnug. He associates the grosnug and groegg with bedtime. The groegg Nightlight is ideal for night breastfeeding.
- We brought two of these. One for the nursery and one for our room. It means that we can safely move the baby from his Moses basket to the nursery for his night feeds and not switch on any lights fully and risk waking him enough to stop him from settling again.
- purchased before our little one arrived and still using it 19months later as a night light. great colour change indictor you can see from afar if it's too hot/cold. would definitly recommend it as a must have for all parents!
Best nursery investment
It takes all the guess work out of wondering if the room is warm enough or too cold. The light is bright enough for us to see the temperature reading from across the room but not so bright that it's disruptive.
We quite like that the colour changes depending on the temperature - blue if too cold, yellow if just right and red if too hot.
Necessity at bedtime
- Purchased for my friend whose daughter was born 10 weeks premature. When she came home my friend was reassured by the temperature monitor and visible colour change during the night so she could alter bedding/clothing accordingly.
- Great invention!! I have 2! 1 in each of my kids rooms and they are great, they have it as just an egg as they prefer it that way and it's so handy to understand and a great nightlight, not too bright but enough so you can see the temperature without going all the way in would definitely recommend to anyone
- Couldn't live without it. Reassuring in the early days to know that your bedroom is the right temperature and then fantastic to take away with you too. A nice soft light for night feeds too.
Fantastic essential product.
- The gro egg is an essential piece to have in your nursery. It's a great product so you know the temperature and can wrap your little one up accordingly. Highly recommended.
A great help - a must for all new parents
- This is such a fantastic product and so easy to use. I love the colour change to indicate if too warm, cold or just right. Gives you that little bit is reassurance when your so worried about everything for your little one. we added the Percy penguin shell to fit in with our nursery theme. A must for all new parents. Plus will double as a night light.
- A really useful bit of kit. I don't have to look at the screen, I can see from across the room whether it is too hot, too cold, or just right.
- Must have item. We brought two one for downstairs and one for the nursery. Easy to use.
Great 2 in 1 product.
- This is a great thermometer that has a clear large display which is easy to read. The colour of the light changes when the temperature rises and lowers. The light is bright enough as a nightlight which I accessorised with the gro egg percy the penguin shell and it looks lovely. I can tell by the colour from a distance whether my childs room is the correct temperature. I love this product it's fantastic.
Great nightlight to breastfeed by!
- I was looking for a nightlight that cast enough light to breastfeed my baby in those early days when getting a good latch was hard. This was ideal. It's temperature colour-changing is really good too, let's you know what tog sleeping bag to put your baby in. The only reason it's not 5 stars is because when it goes blue it really is very bright, and wakes our baby up! This means we now have to turn it off when we go to bed (he sleeps through if it's not on). We live in an old house so it inevitably gets cold enough to go blue at night in winter, but our little 'un sleeps through toasty warm through in his 3.5tog bag.
A Definite Must Buy Product
I love the Gro-egg..
This is an absolute must buy as it gives you peace of mind when it comes to your child's room temperature - a quick glance and you know whether the room it too cold, too hot or just right..
I would not be without it..
- Very useful product for being able to know the temperature of the room at a glance due to the colour changing feature. Also a very handy nightlight!!
- Brilliant product! You can tell the temperature of the room at a glance and also doubles up as nightlight! Couldn't ask for much more!!
- Such a great product! The fact that you can tell the temperature if the room by just glancing to see what colour it is, is perfect for us! I don't need to enter the room to check that it's not too warm! Would (and have) highly recommend the groegg!!
quick glance reassurance
- Love the egg for a quick glance to see what to put baby in at night. Also doubles up as a soft glowing night light. Quite pricey but worth it
- I absolutely love this product. It is one of the best baby products that we bought. The way the gro egg changes colour is great as it means that it is easy to see at a glance whether the room is an ok temperature or not. This teamed with the chart on the gro site which shows what my baby should be wearing with the gro bag means that I can be reassured that baby will not be too hot or too cold. Would definitely recommend this product to other parents.
Cannot be without this :)
As a first time mum, every little thing or thought terrifies me. During the day i can watch my baby as much as i like, but the thought of sleeping and missing little details to keep them comfortable was scary!
I read lots of reviews about this egg in many magazines, and picked one up with all my baby shopping essentials. I plugged it in as soon as i got home and havent took it out of the socket once!
What a fantastic little gadget, not only for baby, but for peace of mind for nervous first time parents! I wake up throughout the night, (motherly instincts i guess) and a quick glance at the grow egg tells me that my little boy is nice and warm!
Only once during really cold weather has it shown up blue, to which i added a nearby blanket, and again, my mind was put at ease.
One of my favourite baby purchases of all time. Thank you Gro! You have made me one very happy mumma :)
Very useful at night
- It is great at night when a kick glance from outside the room lets you know what the temp is without disturbing baby but it is very hard to see in daylight, then you have to walk up to it and look at the digital temperature display.
- Excellent product I used it with my first 8 years ago and now with my 10 month old from birth!helps me judge what to dress him in and what grobag to use too!
- This is most definitely a must have purchase. I have mine on constantly In my little girls nursery so I can adjust the temperature to make sure she has the right clothing on and the right tog gro bag and has a safe night's sleep without me worrying if she is too hot or cold. I honestly couldn't be without it.
Great nightlight for baby
- I got this after having a regular night light that was too bright and a standard thermometer for babies room that I couldn't read in the dark. The groegg is soooooo much better with an easy to see temperature guage that you can see throughout the night which is not too bright for baby. Great product and can't wait to be getting the gro-clock when he's ready!
A cracking product ;)
- Why didn't I find the gro egg earlier?! It's exactly what we need to check the temperature and it works as a great night light. We got the penguin cover for it and 'penguin' is the first word our son says with a big smile each morning - so it gets his seal of approval too!
Great piece of kit!
- This has been great in our daughters room giving us a good idea of what to put her in at night time but also for naps.
A must have
We won this on a competition (Thank you!) and I must say it is really an essential! We had the room thermometer that comes with the Grobags. But this is so accurate and I just have to look at its colour to know if the temperature is safe for my little treasure. The only sorrow is that I didn't purchase it sooner! I will gift this to all my mums-to-be friends!
Thank you for your great products! You make our life easier (and safer!) Xx
Great, I love knowing the temperature in my baby's room
I put the gro-egg on most nights. I have used it since my daughter was born, she is now 10 months.
I have a 1.0 tog gro-bag and 2.5 gro-bag, the egg helps me decide which gro-bag to put on her.
Would defiantly recommend.
We bought the gro egg at the baby show, and are really happy with our purchase. We live in a old house so this will make it easy for us to check the room temperatures. It will also be good for taking when we visit grandparents.
- Great product. I like that the gro egg has a mains charger. It's great to have the light system, easy to use.
- We actually bought this off a friend who had used it for quite a while. It's been really handy. A quick glance at the colour tells you if the room is too hot or too cold without having to look too closely at the temperature. It looks good too.
Wonder for parents!
- A friend suggested I buy this product for my little ones room, so I did and I'll never go back! Not only is it great to check the temp of the room but its a great night light and looks nice too!
A great product to allay first time parents fears
- We bought the Gro egg as we genuinely had no idea surrounding ideal room temperatures and, I am sure like most new parents, were terrified of getting it wrong. This has provided peace of mind at a time when we seem to have very little so we are really happy with it.
- I love the eggs and we now have one in each of our children's rooms. It makes it so easy to know the temp at a glance to guide me in what to dress them in for bed. Highly recommend. They also make very friendly night lights,
Fantastic bit of kit
- We were given a groegg for Christmas and it has been a great addition to the bedroom allowing us to easily figure out how many layers our newborn needs overnight, especially with the cold spell we are currently having.
Essential nursery item
- I think this is a great product as its so easy to see if the room is the correct temperature depending on the colour of the display. It also doubles up as a nightlight too which is very useful
Could be better
- I think the product is good, however if you have a shortage of plug socket to use appliance it is not good. I think it should also be battery operated too.
- I hadn't initially planned to buy a room thermometer but I was given this as a present and am really pleased with. I love the colours, as a quick glance can tell me if more windows need opening or closing. It also makes for a great night light which helps when trying to settle our son at in the early hours.
Warm glow of reassurance
- It's so nice to glance across to the GroEgg and see the little emoticon, colour and temp reading instantly, day or night. Perfect parent purchase.
Love the Gro-egg!!!
- We bought this ready for when my daughter was born 17 weeks ago. It is a fab product. Easy to see what the temperature is even at night as it also creates a little bit if a night light from the colour glow. We have also just purchased the penguin cover for when the egg is moved into my daughters own room. It looks very cute now!! Have recommended this product to friends.
- This is a GREAT product, so easy to see at a glance whether the room is too hot or cold. Perfect for determining which tog grobag to use, and also provides a comforting nightlight, which is useful for checking on baby. I had one of these for my son, who is now 3, unfortunately i gave mine away, but will definitely be buying a second one for baby number 2
- With all the anxieties of having a newborn baby, the gro egg completely puts your mind at rest in regards to the temperature of your bedroom. It's a perfect product and a must have for any new or old parent. Superb, thank you for being able to put our minds at rest!!!
- Wonderful product and I can't thank you enough for the speediest delivery ever! Ordered on Thursday, delivered on Friday!! First time orderer but will certainly be using you again.
- This has definitely been our best baby gadget purchase. We've taken it on every holiday we've been on and it always gives peace of mind.
- We got this as a gift when our wee fella arrived and have since bought it for three friends! It's brilliant - you can check the temp squinting in the middle of the night and you don't need to really open or focus your eyes as the colour lets you know you are ok! It's been our best baby gadget!
- I really wish I had bought this much earlier. I purchased it as we were going on vacation and I needed a small portable night light and of course it tells the room temp. I am so pleased with this product and will be highly recommending this to my pregnant friends.
- This is the best purchase I've brought for my three children. We live abroad at the moment and it is a life saver to see how many layers to peel off or to put back on in winter. I use it as a nightlight too. The only thing I don't get is why it glows orange when the temp is correct. Would green be better? Though a green night light probably would be a bit off putting! Buy it.
- It wouldn't be a nursery without a gro-egg, this is must have kit. We are regularly reassured by this little device. It's perfect for those middle of the night baby checks, so easy to gauge temperature by checking the colour. Thanks Gro!
- This is the best thing we own for our baby. Being a first time mum you hear all these storys about not letting your baby overheat or get too cold whilst it sleeps. We invested in the gro egg as its hard for us to tell as adults the room temp, I have our gro egg on constantly so that I can see it at a glance, too hot we open a window and put our little boy in a lower togg grobag, too cold and we put the heating on for a boost and put him in his 2.5togg grobag......great invention by gro company I have recomended them to all my friends with babys.
- Great product - funky design easy to use and very clear perfect when you pop your head around the door you can see staright away if the temp is ok.
Great while it lasted
Got an early model of this about 5 years ago (2007), was fantastic to start with, offering the right amount of low level lighting and and having the ability to see both temperature and baby without going right into the room and disturbing the wee one.
The power cord was the problem - it stuck out too far and too high from the base, simple laws of physics says there was too much levearge on the connector. It got a slight knock and that was it broken, no chance of a fix so consigned to the bin. Hope this has been fixed by now. Without that build problem would be 5* as other reviewers.
- Excellent product. You know at a glance the temperature range and you can make adjustments as necessary. Only one slight quibble and that is about the rather large power cable devise making it a little unstable, but I still love it.
- i have this in my 4year old's bedroom that he shares with his 18m old brother and its great i can just peek through the door and check the colour and dont have to go all the way in no problems with this at all :)
- We bought one of these when our 1st son was born and can't rate it highly enough. It makes a great nightlight and also provides the reassurance of knowing what the nursery temperature is like. I particularly like the colour changing light as you can just pop your head round the door and see it's all right.
- I bought this for a friend as a baby shower gift, she's yet to have her baby, I just wanted to comment on the great service, ordered and delivered within 24 hours.
Very fast delivery, nice design of the product
I bought this product, following the recommendations of other people. I'm waiting for my baby, who I expect very soon but I use this room thermometer now.
I like the design of GroEgg and also the thing, that a lot of very important information about safe baby sleep is attached to the product. It makes the usage of product more clear and understandeble.
The other important thing for me is that customer service is amazing. I ordered my GroEgg on Monday morning and got it next day about 2:00pm! Delivery was free, and also another day I got brochure with offers and promotional code that gives me 20% save with the next order!
Wouldn't live without it!
- Bought this when my baby was 3 days old and used it everyday since (he's now 4 months) so easy to use. Night light also comes in very handy. Love it!
- As a first time mum I've found this an excellent tool for gauging how many layers to put on my son and also reassures you of the correct room temp! Fab product!
Peace of mind at a glance
- Absolutely love this product, we have had this for our son since he was 1 weeks old and he is now nearly 2, at a quick glance around the corner of the door you can see exactly what the temperature is by the colour of the egg, the temperature is accurate and gives me peace of mind that I have dressed my son in the correct clothing and grobag for the night, as well as a reassuring night light. It has now become a talking point with my son who likes to discuss the colour of the "egg". An absolutely great product, I would highly recomend.
- Night light and room thermometer in one. What's not to like? And super cute with the matching owl egg shell!