Peace of mind at a glance - The innovative Gro-egg™ changes colour to let you know at a glance whether the temperature of a room is too low, too high or just right, helping you maintain a safe sleeping environment for your baby. As an added bonus it even works well as a gentle night light.
A yellow glow suggests a comfortable temperature for children to sleep in, whilst a blue glow suggests it's too cold and a red glow suggests it's too high. The colours act as a reminder for you to cool or heat the room, to modify the baby's clothing, to use a different tog Grobag Baby Sleep Bag or for non-sleep bag users to alter the level of bedding.
- Easy to understand colour coded system indicates room temperature
- Digital thermometer with permanent 'back-lit' LCD readout
- Gentle night lightInstructions and safe sleep guide enclosed
- UK Mains only
- Power adaptor supplied
Don't forget we have a fantastic range of Egg Shells which act as great Companions for your Gro Egg!
A great product to allay first time parents fears
- We bought the Gro egg as we genuinely had no idea surrounding ideal room temperatures and, I am sure like most new parents, were terrified of getting it wrong. This has provided peace of mind at a time when we seem to have very little so we are really happy with it.
- I love the eggs and we now have one in each of our children's rooms. It makes it so easy to know the temp at a glance to guide me in what to dress them in for bed. Highly recommend. They also make very friendly night lights,
Fantastic bit of kit
- We were given a groegg for Christmas and it has been a great addition to the bedroom allowing us to easily figure out how many layers our newborn needs overnight, especially with the cold spell we are currently having.
Essential nursery item
- I think this is a great product as its so easy to see if the room is the correct temperature depending on the colour of the display. It also doubles up as a nightlight too which is very useful
Could be better
- I think the product is good, however if you have a shortage of plug socket to use appliance it is not good. I think it should also be battery operated too.
- I hadn't initially planned to buy a room thermometer but I was given this as a present and am really pleased with. I love the colours, as a quick glance can tell me if more windows need opening or closing. It also makes for a great night light which helps when trying to settle our son at in the early hours.
Warm glow of reassurance
- It's so nice to glance across to the GroEgg and see the little emoticon, colour and temp reading instantly, day or night. Perfect parent purchase.
Love the Gro-egg!!!
- We bought this ready for when my daughter was born 17 weeks ago. It is a fab product. Easy to see what the temperature is even at night as it also creates a little bit if a night light from the colour glow. We have also just purchased the penguin cover for when the egg is moved into my daughters own room. It looks very cute now!! Have recommended this product to friends.
- This is a GREAT product, so easy to see at a glance whether the room is too hot or cold. Perfect for determining which tog grobag to use, and also provides a comforting nightlight, which is useful for checking on baby. I had one of these for my son, who is now 3, unfortunately i gave mine away, but will definitely be buying a second one for baby number 2
- With all the anxieties of having a newborn baby, the gro egg completely puts your mind at rest in regards to the temperature of your bedroom. It's a perfect product and a must have for any new or old parent. Superb, thank you for being able to put our minds at rest!!!
- Wonderful product and I can't thank you enough for the speediest delivery ever! Ordered on Thursday, delivered on Friday!! First time orderer but will certainly be using you again.
- This has definitely been our best baby gadget purchase. We've taken it on every holiday we've been on and it always gives peace of mind.
- We got this as a gift when our wee fella arrived and have since bought it for three friends! It's brilliant - you can check the temp squinting in the middle of the night and you don't need to really open or focus your eyes as the colour lets you know you are ok! It's been our best baby gadget!
- I really wish I had bought this much earlier. I purchased it as we were going on vacation and I needed a small portable night light and of course it tells the room temp. I am so pleased with this product and will be highly recommending this to my pregnant friends.
- This is the best purchase I've brought for my three children. We live abroad at the moment and it is a life saver to see how many layers to peel off or to put back on in winter. I use it as a nightlight too. The only thing I don't get is why it glows orange when the temp is correct. Would green be better? Though a green night light probably would be a bit off putting! Buy it.
- It wouldn't be a nursery without a gro-egg, this is must have kit. We are regularly reassured by this little device. It's perfect for those middle of the night baby checks, so easy to gauge temperature by checking the colour. Thanks Gro!
- This is the best thing we own for our baby. Being a first time mum you hear all these storys about not letting your baby overheat or get too cold whilst it sleeps. We invested in the gro egg as its hard for us to tell as adults the room temp, I have our gro egg on constantly so that I can see it at a glance, too hot we open a window and put our little boy in a lower togg grobag, too cold and we put the heating on for a boost and put him in his 2.5togg grobag......great invention by gro company I have recomended them to all my friends with babys.
- Great product - funky design easy to use and very clear perfect when you pop your head around the door you can see staright away if the temp is ok.
Great while it lasted
Got an early model of this about 5 years ago (2007), was fantastic to start with, offering the right amount of low level lighting and and having the ability to see both temperature and baby without going right into the room and disturbing the wee one.
The power cord was the problem - it stuck out too far and too high from the base, simple laws of physics says there was too much levearge on the connector. It got a slight knock and that was it broken, no chance of a fix so consigned to the bin. Hope this has been fixed by now. Without that build problem would be 5* as other reviewers.
- Excellent product. You know at a glance the temperature range and you can make adjustments as necessary. Only one slight quibble and that is about the rather large power cable devise making it a little unstable, but I still love it.
- i have this in my 4year old's bedroom that he shares with his 18m old brother and its great i can just peek through the door and check the colour and dont have to go all the way in no problems with this at all :)
- We bought one of these when our 1st son was born and can't rate it highly enough. It makes a great nightlight and also provides the reassurance of knowing what the nursery temperature is like. I particularly like the colour changing light as you can just pop your head round the door and see it's all right.
- I bought this for a friend as a baby shower gift, she's yet to have her baby, I just wanted to comment on the great service, ordered and delivered within 24 hours.
Very fast delivery, nice design of the product
I bought this product, following the recommendations of other people. I'm waiting for my baby, who I expect very soon but I use this room thermometer now.
I like the design of GroEgg and also the thing, that a lot of very important information about safe baby sleep is attached to the product. It makes the usage of product more clear and understandeble.
The other important thing for me is that customer service is amazing. I ordered my GroEgg on Monday morning and got it next day about 2:00pm! Delivery was free, and also another day I got brochure with offers and promotional code that gives me 20% save with the next order!
Wouldn't live without it!
- Bought this when my baby was 3 days old and used it everyday since (he's now 4 months) so easy to use. Night light also comes in very handy. Love it!
- As a first time mum I've found this an excellent tool for gauging how many layers to put on my son and also reassures you of the correct room temp! Fab product!
Peace of mind at a glance
- Absolutely love this product, we have had this for our son since he was 1 weeks old and he is now nearly 2, at a quick glance around the corner of the door you can see exactly what the temperature is by the colour of the egg, the temperature is accurate and gives me peace of mind that I have dressed my son in the correct clothing and grobag for the night, as well as a reassuring night light. It has now become a talking point with my son who likes to discuss the colour of the "egg". An absolutely great product, I would highly recomend.
- Night light and room thermometer in one. What's not to like? And super cute with the matching owl egg shell!