A Portable blackout blind for when it's still too light to say night night! Anyone who has stayed away from home with little ones will know that it can be tricky to create a snoozy sleeping environment when there is too much light flooding in. The versatile Gro Anywhere Blind has been designed to 'go' anywhere with you, and can be put in place in minutes. Attaches directly to the glass using suction cups, ensuring a close fit that really does block light properly.
This New Improved version has Velcro fastening which is easy to use and quick to adjust, it also features a new Twinkle Twinkle Stars and Moon fabric design.
- Adapts to fit any window up to a maximum size of 130cm x 198cm
- New Improved version reduces to smaller window sizes than previously,whilst maintaining maximum size.
- New Stars and Moon design
- Comes with handy travel bag
- Premium black out material
- Velcro fastening is easy to use and quick to adjust
- Conforms to highest applicable British and European Standards
For further information on how to use the Blind, please click on the More Info Tab above
Feefo Reviews - Average 100% (4 reviews)
Gro Anywhere Blind
The curtain covers completely the window and the room becomes absolutely pitch black as I needed.
This comes with a bit of effort before going to bed to put the curtain in the right place and after waking up as you need to take it off.
Gro Anywhere Blind
Perfect for ensuring good sleep for us all. Everyone with a little one should get this product.Date: 17-Dec-2016
Gro Company Reply:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear everyone is getting a good nights sleep :o)
Gro Anywhere Blind
Dimensions are huge so should fit any window. Great idea.Date: 16-Dec-2016
Gro Anywhere Blind
- Make sure the window is clean where the suction cups are going to attach
- Starting with an upper corner of the window, work across the top first, then down the sides, and finally along the bottom
- As you go around the window, adjust the size of the Blind to fit using the Velcro patches.
When a Gro Anywhere Blind has been stored away the suction cups can become flattened and won’t stick effectively to the window (this sometimes happens with brand new Blinds that have been flattened in transit). The suction cups stick better when the surface to which they are stuck (and the suction cups themselves) are clean and free from dirt. In addition, changes in temperature or humidity may gradually make cups lose suction. In order to achieve the best suction:
- Clean the window you are applying the suction cups to with soap and water (they won’t adhere well to a dirty surface). De-grease the glass with rubbing alcohol if necessary (bathroom/window cleaners usually leave a residue). Wipe clean with a soft lint-free cloth.
- If necessary, wash the suction cups with warm, soapy water, rinse them off again and pat them dry with a lint-free cloth. (Dirty suction cups will not stick as well). Make sure both the inside of the suction cups and your window are clean and dry before application.
- To enhance suction and help keep the seal tight, dampen your fingertip with water and lightly moisten the inner rim of the suction cup. If this does not work, a tiny dab of Vaseline or cooking oil may be rubbed on the rim of the cup. Moistening helps create a tighter seal. The key is to not get too much moisture... just barely enough to coat the surface.
- Press the centre of each suction cup all the way down firmly to the glass and keep firm pressure for about 15 seconds, then gently release the pressure until all the air bubbles inside are released and a vacuum is created to firmly seal the cups to the surface. (What you are trying to do, is to push all of the trapped air between the suction cup and window out from behind the suction cup). Try not to let the suction cups slide, if they slide easily you might have used too much moisture.
- The closer the suction cups and the window are in temperature, and the closer this is to "room" temperature, the better results you will have.
- The suction cups may need to be 'burped' periodically by pressing down on them to remove any air that may have seeped in.
If a suction cup still won’t stick:
- Try rolling it between your fingers to reshape it
- To return some elasticity to a suction cup, or if it has become flattened or deformed, place it carefully in boiling water for 2-3 minutes (when children are not around). This will help 'reset' the plastic and make it more flexible, allowing it to return to its normal shape.
Removal — Important
When it’s time to remove the blind, or if you are taking it down to go on holiday, remember:
- Don’t grab the blind and pull - this risks serious damage to the window glass. Simply pull on the release tab of each individual suction cup to break the suction. The ‘release tab peeling action' lets air in, and the suction cup stops sucking (this also eliminates damage to the cup edge caused by the 'finger nail removal picking action').
- Please note that pulling on the blind to remove it from the window may lead to damaging the eyelets and the blind, and will cause the glass to flex leading to possible window breakage.
Limitations of use
For temporary use only, remove from window when not in use. Do not use on windows that have damaged edges, visible chips, cracks or any other glass or frame damage. Do not use on laminated, textured/patterned or leaded glass or windows with internal wire strengthening. The Gro Company will not be held responsible for any glass breakage resulting from use of the Gro Anywhere Blind. The blind can be safely applied to normal single or double glazed windows in good condition.