Celebrate sleep with fab and funky animal characters on the Carnival Grobag. Bursting with colour and energy it’s sure to help your youngster wake up in a party mood. With our clever two way zip travel opening these Travel Grobags can be easily with a 5 point harness in a pushchair or car seat, so you can take all the safety features of the original Grobag with you on the road. With the back vent velcro’d closed when not in travel mode this Travel Grobag can be sealed and used as any other grobag.
- Fits a 5 point travel harness
- 100% woven cotton outer
- 100% super-soft jersey lining on 2.5 and 1.0 tog
- 100% cool cotton single layer on 0.5 tog
- Quick–dry polyester filling on 2.5 tog
- 2 way front zip and back vent on all sizes
For greater detail on these features please click on the More Info tab above
Does what it says on the tin!
My son fell out with any form of sleeping bag quite some time ago. Thankfully, he understands that we only use this one in the car and pram so that his blanket doesn't fall/get blown moving him from car to pram to house.
I love the innovative design having the Velcro slot for the harness with the two way zipper. I would like to see some darker designs as white isn't the best for toddler boys!
Fab gro bag
- Bought this for our new grandson in 2.5 tog he was only 3 days old and. Put straight in he loves it he knows gro bag time is bed time just bought 2 1 tog for warmer months coming in I wouldn't trust any othe type of sleeping bag these are the best
- 100% reliable this is the best quality item i have bought well worth the money its a great material my son loves it and so do i
Great product - easy to use
- We bought this for my daughter so, if we traveled at night, we could move her from car seat to cot without disturbing her too much. This works wonders. A simple blanket always slips off in the car, this keeps her warm and comfy and avoids us having to wake up. It could, however, cater for those with slightly shorter legs. The Velcro bit at the back is positioned for children with longer legs and therefore we have to bunch it up slightly so the car seat clip fits through comfortably. Other than that though, an amazing product!
Brilliant product. Would highly recommend!
Bought the carnival travel grobag for the Christmas period as I thought it would come in handy. It did. Very easy to use in the car seat and the transition from car seat to cot was seamless. My daughter didn't wake until 7am the next morning!
Wasn't sure about the front zip as I prefer the side zips and top poppers but this grobag is great quality and very well designed that getting her arms in and out was no problem.
Fab for kids with special needs
My five year old son is disabled and is fed via a tube into his stomach overnight. He also has a monitor attached to his toe measuring his oxygen levels. The two way zip and the opening at the rear of the gro-bag means I can easily hook him up to his pumps and monitors and can ensure his little hands can't pull at the wires! It's great!!! Plus, it means I don't have to get up 5 times a night to tuck him back in after he's kicked the bedclothes off again!
My only complaint is that I only bought one and now I want to buy more and there's never any available. More choice in the bigger sizes please!
Practical and sweet
- Great, practical solution for use on the go or at home. Lightweight and perfect for warmer weather. Nice, unisex design. Washes well too! Great service from Gro store as usual.
- I bought the travel gro bag not sure if it would really work but it does. It's great. We also use it as a normal gro bag at night. It's comfy and the design great. We bought 3 gro bags and are delight with all. 1 tog, 2.5 and 3.5. Thoroughly recommend and will buy the next size when the time comes. He goes in and out of his car seat with this no problem. We also use it in his pram. The travel element really works and is very easy to use.
Love this for when out a little bit late
- I love this as it means if my daughter falls a sleep on way home I can have her already for bed and just take her up and put her to sleep . No having to wake her up and get her ready for bed before putting her to bed x
Loved it & Will be buying the next size up for this summer
- Really practical solution which can be used in car seat & buggy. I bought for on holiday, lovely soft material & great unisex design. Washes really well and still like new. I Used it as my primary summer gro bag for my boy, I'll be buying again this year since he has outgrown it. Great you have kept the same design.
Beautiful unisex design lovely bright modern pattern. My son is 6mths and loves grobags. I think this company is great really Easy website and super fast delivery I received it the next day! Travel feature ace for pushchair or after being at nanas to come back in the car seat. I wish they would do travel feature in 3.5 for the colder months now though
Thank you x
- This is our second gro-bag. The experience we've got is great. It keeps my boy warm despite he moves all the time and we can use it in the car when we visit someone and go back home a little late. I highly recommend it!
Wonderfully practical in every way
What can I say this is a beautiful product. It is practical and of very good quality. The design is bright and fun and suitable for either a boy or a girl.
I love the convenience of the travel bag and it truly delivers on style as well as practicality. From car seat to cot the transition made easy. I cannot wait to try this product out for the first time!
Bought this for our little boy - it is warm and well made. Only complaint is the design of the zip. It zips up from the top down and trying to bring the two parts together is really fiddly on a moving, fidgety child. One side of the zip is sewn into the folds of the material which makes it particularly tricky.
The best gro-bags we have had (not from this company) have the zip already brought together at the base of the bag and so you just zip up!
All just needs a little bit of practical thinking added to the design process.
- Great design for either boy or girl and love the ease of the travel design to go from car to bed!!!
- Gorgeous pattern and larger sizes :-) fabulous
- Gorgeous pattern :-) and in a larger size, fabulous
- I love gro-bags anyway- with two very wriggly babies they never would have remained covered up without a grobag! I love this design because it is unisex. My daughter has ended up with quite a few very 'boyish' grobags inherited from her big brother. I think I actually prefer the unisex ones as they are such bright cheerful designs= this one particularly so. Unisex also means it can be passed on to friends, regardless of whether they have boys or girls- Even if they have been used before they are such good quality that you would never know. This one is so lovely it would be impossible to put it away in a cupboard- it's the sort of picture that would cheer you up even on a gloomy winter's morning. I know my little girl would love looking at the pictures and trying out her few words- particularly growling at the lion!
She can't sleep without since she is 6 months old
I discover online Grobag and at the beginning I had doubts being not a UK citizen, but we tried and me and my husband, but above all our daughter is fully grateful to Grobag. She sleeps peacefully and in a comfortable way that she asks for her sleep bag as soon as she feels tired.
We tried all size since 6 months mainly in two tog 1.0 for spring summer and 2.5 for winter and autumn, for Italian climate are perfect!!
In conclusion I recommended the products in particular the last one that we bought that has zip on both side and is useful also for travel!
Write Your Own Review
Choosing a size
An ideal time to start using a Grobag baby sleep bag is when your baby weighs more than 8.8 lbs (0-6 mths size). Your child's head should not be able to pass through the neck hole when the Grobag is fastened; otherwise the Grobag is too big. Remember to check the weight of your child.
Please remember that these are recommendations only as all babies are different.
|Approximate child age||Minimum child weight||Maximum child length|
|0-6 months||4kg / 8.8lb||68cm / 27"|
|6-18 months||8.1kg / 18lb||86cm / 34"|
|18-36 month||11.4kg / 25lb||98cm / 39"|
|3-6 years||53.5cm chest||116cm / 46"|
|6-10 years||58cm chest||140cm / 55”|
Choosing a tog
A tog measurement is a European warmth rating: the higher the tog, the warmer the product. Grobag baby sleep bags are available in four tog ratings.
A number of factors determine the tog rating of the baby sleep bag that should be used. These include the number of clothes your baby is wearing, the temperature of their bedroom and your baby's health.
|Grobags come in a variety of warmth ratings (togs):|
|3.5 tog||Cold temperatures - for cold room temperatures of 12-15°C (54-59°F)|
|2.5 tog||All year round - for standard room temperatures of 16-20°C (61-68°F)|
|1.0 tog||Summer and daytime naps - warmer weather and in rooms of 21-23°C (69-74°F)|
|0.5 tog||Holiday and heatwaves - hot weather and very warm rooms of 24-27°C (75-81°F)|
What to wear
Grobag Baby Sleep Bag is a wearable blanket that will keep your baby at a comfortable temperature all night long. The table below shows our guidance on the correct tog of Grobag and clothing to be used in different room temperatures.
Grobag Baby Sleep Bags are designed to be used instead of blankets and top sheets and you need to regularly check your baby to make sure he or she is not too hot or cold, as all babies are different..
|Nursery Temperature||3.5 tog||2.5 tog||1.0 tog||0.5 tog|
|Long-sleeved bodysuit||Short-sleeved bodysuit and pyjama top|
|Gro-suit||Gro-suit and sleeveless bodysuit or short-sleeved bodysuit|
|Gro-suit and sleeveless bodysuit or short-sleeved bodysuit|
Grobags come in a range of styles to suit your needs.
With double poppers on the shoulders, there are also under-arm poppers for when your baby is small. Opens out flat for easy night time nappy changes
Fixed shoulders are great if your child moves around more. Ideal for toddlers.
Like normal Grobags but with the extra feature of a two way front zip and a back vent so it can easily be used with a 5 point harness in car seats or pushchairs.
How to wash
All Grobag Baby Sleep Bags can be machine washed at 40°C. They can be hung out to dry or tumble dried on a low setting. As with all cotton goods, we have designed our Grobags to allow for up to 5% shrinkage. If your child has any allergies and you wish to wash your Grobag at 60°C, you should allow for a little more shrinkage. When washing, it is best to keep the zip closed. You can iron your Grobag on a low heat if desired, always keeping the iron away from the zip or covering the zip with a cloth. We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Grobag with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
The Gro Company has conducted exhaustive research and product testing to ensure that all the components of our Grobag Baby Sleep Bags conform to the British Safety Standards and safety regulations. The National Standards Body of the UK has created a new standard BS8510:2009. Grobag Baby Sleep Bags are one of the first to achieve the new standard which further ensures all aspects of quality and safety.
- They stop babies kicking off their covers, getting cold and waking themselves and everyone else up
- They can’t be kicked over your baby’s head or get tangled up
- They keep babies at a comfortable temperature all night long
- Your baby can wake up, move around his cot, and fall back to sleep all on his own without you having to tuck them back in
- They become a great part of the bedtime routine, and will help your baby feel familiar, secure and confident and understand when it's time for bed, even when away from home
- They can help the transition from Moses basket to cot by being the familiar “comforter” in both
- They may delay the age at which your baby rolls over onto his tummy
- They may delay the age at which your baby is able to climb out of his cot.
Because of the low tog rating, Grobag Baby Sleep Bags also provide great versatility throughout the year, simply by adjusting the level of your baby’s nightwear. When the weather is very cold, simply add more clothing (this could include a sleepsuit, socks and even a cardigan). When the weather is warmer, or perhaps if your child is unwell, you can remove layers of clothing while still keeping your baby at the right temperature.
Remember: never use a duvet or quilt with a Baby Sleep Bag.
Many people ask us how to keep the nursery at around 18°C in the winter, without having to have the central heating going all night! We recommend an inexpensive small thermostatically controlled heater which is available from all good electrical or DIY outlets. Position it well away from your baby’s cot and out of reach of your baby, and adjust it to come on just whenever needed in order to maintain the ideal room temperature, thus saving time and money turning on and off all the radiators. (Remember to remove the heater once your child can climb out of his cot).
We also provide a FREE nursery thermometer with every Grobag to help you monitor the temperature of your baby's bedroom.
The 6-18 month size is suitable from when your baby is 18lb (8.1 kg) and is generously sized so may easily last until your baby is between 18 and 24 months.
Our 18-36 month size is suitable from when your toddler weighs 25lb (11.4kg) and many toddlers are still wearing their Grobags well after the age of 3.
We also make 3-6 year Grobags and even 6-10 year Grobags.
When washing, it is best to keep the zip closed. You can iron your Grobags on a low heat if desired, always keeping the iron away from the zip or covering the zip with a cloth.
We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Grobag with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
Important: never use your Grobag Baby Sleep Bag with a duvet or quilt.
You must always take care not to allow your baby's head to slip down and get covered by any bedding, whether that bedding is a Grobag Baby Sleep Bag, blankets or sheets.
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that meets all the requirements of the new British Standard (BS 8510:2009)
- You are choosing the only Baby Sleep Bag recommended by The Lullaby Trust, the UK’s leading Cot Death Charity
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that has gone through rigorous quality control and testing
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that uses only the highest quality and reliable components such as YKK zips and poppers
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag which will be correctly sized for your baby, in line with the new British Standard
- You are choosing from the widest range of sizes and togs available
- You have a FREE nursery thermometer and instructions to ensure that you know how to use your Grobag safely and correctly
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag with 100% natural cotton lining and outer fabric
- You are choosing the UK’s favourite pioneering, and award winning Baby Sleep Bag, Grobag!
Remember: a Baby Sleep Bag by any other name, is simply not a Grobag!
- Baby Sleep Bags should have armholes, but no sleeves or hoods, to prevent over-heating
- The neck openings have both minimum and maximum measurements to ensure safety
- Zips, buttons and press studs (poppers) have to pass rigorous tests to ensure strength and durability
- Loop labels are not allowed and any embellishments such as embroideries, ribbons and appliqués must pass stringent tests to ensure that they are safe for babies and do not pose risks of choking, entanglement, or entrapment
- Shrinkage and colour fastness are also tested to ensure quality and durability
- Tests are also undertaken to ensure that no dangerous chemicals are present, for example, in the dyes used in the fabrics, or in fire retarding the Baby Sleep Bags
- The Baby Sleep Bag must be labelled properly for the correct age and/or height for the baby
- The Baby Sleep Bag should be a low tog (warmth) rating and must be tested and labelled to show the tog rating and the suitable bedroom temperature.