We loved our Alphapets design so much we have created an especially girly version in contrasting pinks and purples. So whether your little one is having a snooze at home or whilst you are out and about, they’ll look bright and funky wherever they go.....purrrfect!
This travel grobag can be used as per usual in a cot or cot bed but has specifically designed additional features that makes it suitable for use in a buggy or car seat. The travel grobag has a two way zip which can be closed around a 5 point harness. It also has back vent to allow a harness strap to be fastened, the vent has velcro fastening so when not in use the travel grobag can be sealed and used as any other grobag.
- Fits a 5 point travel harness
- 100% woven cotton outer
- 100% super-soft jersey lining on 2.5 and 1.0 tog
- 100% cool cotton single layer on 0.5 tog
- Quick–dry polyester filling on 2.5 tog
- 2 way front zip and back vent on all sizes
For greater detail on these features please click on the More Info tab above
- Ordered this partly due to the name and the animal theme so I was surpised that this bears very little relation to any alphabet. Also the names on the garmet appear to be very personal to whoever has designed it - not very generic for mass marketing. I feel like I am putting on someone elses grobag on my daughter. Nice use of colours and same standard garment as all the rest but diappointed on close up that the design isn't better thoguht out for a mass market appeal.
- The order arrived promptly (within 3 days). We have bought a number of sleeping bags from other brands but nothing beats the gro bags. This one has the thickness of a summer sheet; perfect for balmy summer nights.
Confortable even for skeptic
- I was used to blankets and I wasn't really sure about the grobag's benefit (it's not very common in Italy) but now I'm not worried during the night if my baby is covered or not... And if she wakes-up in the night and needs some hugs, I don't have to warry about the temperature. The alphapink it's really nice. The only problem is that the zip is not really comfortable. It should be bigger so that it's easier to close it when the baby is going to spleep.
Write Your Own Review
Choosing a size
An ideal time to start using a Grobag baby sleep bag is when your baby weighs more than 8.8 lbs (0-6 mths size). Your child's head should not be able to pass through the neck hole when the Grobag is fastened; otherwise the Grobag is too big. Remember to check the weight of your child.
Please remember that these are recommendations only as all babies are different.
|Approximate child age||Minimum child weight||Maximum child length|
|0-6 months||4kg / 8.8lb||68cm / 27"|
|6-18 months||8.1kg / 18lb||86cm / 34"|
|18-36 month||11.4kg / 25lb||98cm / 39"|
|3-6 years||53.5cm chest||116cm / 46"|
|6-10 years||58cm chest||140cm / 55”|
Choosing a tog
A tog measurement is a European warmth rating: the higher the tog, the warmer the product. Grobag baby sleep bags are available in four tog ratings.
A number of factors determine the tog rating of the baby sleep bag that should be used. These include the number of clothes your baby is wearing, the temperature of their bedroom and your baby's health.
|Grobags come in a variety of warmth ratings (togs):|
|3.5 tog||Cold temperatures - for cold room temperatures of 12-15°C (54-59°F)|
|2.5 tog||All year round - for standard room temperatures of 16-20°C (61-68°F)|
|1.0 tog||Summer and daytime naps - warmer weather and in rooms of 21-23°C (69-74°F)|
|0.5 tog||Holiday and heatwaves - hot weather and very warm rooms of 24-27°C (75-81°F)|
What to wear
Grobag Baby Sleep Bag is a wearable blanket that will keep your baby at a comfortable temperature all night long. The table below shows our guidance on the correct tog of Grobag and clothing to be used in different room temperatures.
Grobag Baby Sleep Bags are designed to be used instead of blankets and top sheets and you need to regularly check your baby to make sure he or she is not too hot or cold, as all babies are different..
|Nursery Temperature||3.5 tog||2.5 tog||1.0 tog||0.5 tog|
|Long-sleeved bodysuit||Short-sleeved bodysuit and pyjama top|
|Gro-suit||Gro-suit and sleeveless bodysuit or short-sleeved bodysuit|
|Gro-suit and sleeveless bodysuit or short-sleeved bodysuit|
Grobags come in a range of styles to suit your needs.
With double poppers on the shoulders, there are also under-arm poppers for when your baby is small. Opens out flat for easy night time nappy changes
Fixed shoulders are great if your child moves around more. Ideal for toddlers.
Like normal Grobags but with the extra feature of a two way front zip and a back vent so it can easily be used with a 5 point harness in car seats or pushchairs.
How to wash
All Grobag Baby Sleep Bags can be machine washed at 40°C. They can be hung out to dry or tumble dried on a low setting. As with all cotton goods, we have designed our Grobags to allow for up to 5% shrinkage. If your child has any allergies and you wish to wash your Grobag at 60°C, you should allow for a little more shrinkage. When washing, it is best to keep the zip closed. You can iron your Grobag on a low heat if desired, always keeping the iron away from the zip or covering the zip with a cloth. We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Grobag with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
The Gro Company has conducted exhaustive research and product testing to ensure that all the components of our Grobag Baby Sleep Bags conform to the British Safety Standards and safety regulations. The National Standards Body of the UK has created a new standard BS8510:2009. Grobag Baby Sleep Bags are one of the first to achieve the new standard which further ensures all aspects of quality and safety.
- They stop babies kicking off their covers, getting cold and waking themselves and everyone else up
- They can’t be kicked over your baby’s head or get tangled up
- They keep babies at a comfortable temperature all night long
- Your baby can wake up, move around his cot, and fall back to sleep all on his own without you having to tuck them back in
- They become a great part of the bedtime routine, and will help your baby feel familiar, secure and confident and understand when it's time for bed, even when away from home
- They can help the transition from Moses basket to cot by being the familiar “comforter” in both
- They may delay the age at which your baby rolls over onto his tummy
- They may delay the age at which your baby is able to climb out of his cot.
Because of the low tog rating, Grobag Baby Sleep Bags also provide great versatility throughout the year, simply by adjusting the level of your baby’s nightwear. When the weather is very cold, simply add more clothing (this could include a sleepsuit, socks and even a cardigan). When the weather is warmer, or perhaps if your child is unwell, you can remove layers of clothing while still keeping your baby at the right temperature.
Remember: never use a duvet or quilt with a Baby Sleep Bag.
Many people ask us how to keep the nursery at around 18°C in the winter, without having to have the central heating going all night! We recommend an inexpensive small thermostatically controlled heater which is available from all good electrical or DIY outlets. Position it well away from your baby’s cot and out of reach of your baby, and adjust it to come on just whenever needed in order to maintain the ideal room temperature, thus saving time and money turning on and off all the radiators. (Remember to remove the heater once your child can climb out of his cot).
We also provide a FREE nursery thermometer with every Grobag to help you monitor the temperature of your baby's bedroom.
The 6-18 month size is suitable from when your baby is 18lb (8.1 kg) and is generously sized so may easily last until your baby is between 18 and 24 months.
Our 18-36 month size is suitable from when your toddler weighs 25lb (11.4kg) and many toddlers are still wearing their Grobags well after the age of 3.
We also make 3-6 year Grobags and even 6-10 year Grobags.
When washing, it is best to keep the zip closed. You can iron your Grobags on a low heat if desired, always keeping the iron away from the zip or covering the zip with a cloth.
We recommend that you wash dark colours separately for the first few washes. We also recommend that you wash your Grobag with a detergent that is free from bleaching agents in order to retain the original colours.
Important: never use your Grobag Baby Sleep Bag with a duvet or quilt.
You must always take care not to allow your baby's head to slip down and get covered by any bedding, whether that bedding is a Grobag Baby Sleep Bag, blankets or sheets.
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that meets all the requirements of the new British Standard (BS 8510:2009)
- You are choosing the only Baby Sleep Bag recommended by The Lullaby Trust, the UK’s leading Cot Death Charity
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that has gone through rigorous quality control and testing
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that uses only the highest quality and reliable components such as YKK zips and poppers
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag which will be correctly sized for your baby, in line with the new British Standard
- You are choosing from the widest range of sizes and togs available
- You have a FREE nursery thermometer and instructions to ensure that you know how to use your Grobag safely and correctly
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag with 100% natural cotton lining and outer fabric
- You are choosing the UK’s favourite pioneering, and award winning Baby Sleep Bag, Grobag!
Remember: a Baby Sleep Bag by any other name, is simply not a Grobag!
- Baby Sleep Bags should have armholes, but no sleeves or hoods, to prevent over-heating
- The neck openings have both minimum and maximum measurements to ensure safety
- Zips, buttons and press studs (poppers) have to pass rigorous tests to ensure strength and durability
- Loop labels are not allowed and any embellishments such as embroideries, ribbons and appliqués must pass stringent tests to ensure that they are safe for babies and do not pose risks of choking, entanglement, or entrapment
- Shrinkage and colour fastness are also tested to ensure quality and durability
- Tests are also undertaken to ensure that no dangerous chemicals are present, for example, in the dyes used in the fabrics, or in fire retarding the Baby Sleep Bags
- The Baby Sleep Bag must be labelled properly for the correct age and/or height for the baby
- The Baby Sleep Bag should be a low tog (warmth) rating and must be tested and labelled to show the tog rating and the suitable bedroom temperature.